Saturday, July 01, 2006

Game Info: Progress - July 1 2006

Well, I've completed item object interaction, for the most part. Object mass and volume were last on the list. This took care of character strength checks and container size limitations. It also determined whether objects could be held/operated with one or two hands. Because mass and volume equate density, items can now float or sink in water. Which brings me to my next task: coding water into the world.

I want things to get wet. From rain. From being submerged. I want objects to rust or get slippery. I want water to freeze in colder temperatures. I want it to collect in depressions or open containers. In short, I want object descriptions to change dynamically due to water effects. This shouldn't be too difficult in terms of application, but consistency may prove challenging.

I also completed the opening "prologue". It contains some free-form "regular" play and some scripted cut scenes. It will be used as an in-game operational base for testing new objects and systems.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This game sounds cool. keep up the hard work!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Jonathan Dobson said...

Thanks. I will!

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home